Finally! Music’s biggest night is here. Tonight the 53rd annual Grammy Awards take place at the Staples Centre in Los Angelas. Arcade Fire, Eminem, Cee Lo Green, Lady Gaga, Miranda Lambert, Katy Perry, Usher and Justin Bieber are just some of the performers who will be gracing the Grammy stage. Rihanna is also expected to perform, but the “S&M” singer is battling laryngitis and bronchitis, so hopefully she’ll be resting loads and will be strong enough to perform tonight. Another big performance to watch out for is from Christina Aguilera and crew. Fresh off her Super Bowl whoopsie, the star will take to the stage alongside Jennifer Hudson, country cutie Martina McBride, Yolanda Adams and Florence Welch (Florence and the Machine) for a special tribute to Grammy Legend Award recipient Aretha Franklin. They’ll being seeing R-E-S-P-E-C-T and I’m certain Christina wont be messing up those lyrics… we hope that is.
So a few things to watch out for:
- What will Gaga wear this time around?
- Will Rihanna be well enough to perform
- Will Bieber fever win big? Will Bruno trump him? Will Drake trump them?
- How many Grammys will Eminem win out of his ten nominations?
- Fresh off their Golden Globes success, will the Gleeks add a Grammy to their trophy cabinet in the category of Best Pop performance by a duo?
Clive Davis’ Pre-Grammy Gala bash is currently on. You can watch the live telecast on E! Online’s site and if you’ve seen any of the performances, peops who were rocking the red carpet, share it with the rest of us.
I’ll be up all through the night, live blogging so be sure to check back in.