Cape Town had its chance last night and now we prep for Bieber’s big performance in Jozi this coming Sunday (Mother’s Day). If you’re making your way through to the FNB Stadium, here’s all the info you need to know:
All you need to know to make sure you get into the stadium as quick and easy as possible:
1. Make sure you book your transport ticket before show day:
Park and Ride: Click here for more information
Park and Rail: Click here for more information
Parking: Click here for more information
2. If you have a GOLDEN CIRCLE STANDING or GENERAL ADMISSION STANDING ticket then you must enter through GATE M to collect your armband. Please note that there will be two separate queues. One for Golden Circle ticket holders and one for General Standing ticket holders. There is no armband collection inside the venue. If you enter through the wrong gate you will have to go all the way back to GATE M.
3. SEATED ticket holders please enter through GATE C, GATE H and GATE K.
4. If you purchased tickets to the Stadium Management Lounge you must enter through GATE C and proceed to Foyer A.
5. Click here to download the detailed venue map. Please print a copy of the venue map and give it to your children regardless of whether they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. It shows entrance points and the location of the information point.
6. If you bought your tickets online (print at home) please make sure you print out your E-ticket, fold it as indicated on the ticket prior to arriving at the event to avoid creasing and damaging the barcodes, and ensure that you bring your E-ticket with you to the venue as we cannot reprint E-tickets at the venue for safety and security reasons. Your E-ticket needs to be of high print quality to ensure a positive scan at the venue. Please note we cannot scan tickets off any mobile device.
7. For E-tickets purchased from bigconcerts.co.za, please review your printer settings before you print. The document must print to its actual size so that the folding lines print to the edge of the paper. If the document is fit to print to the paper size it will print the barcode too far away from the edge of the paper, and the barcode scanners at the turnstiles will be unable to read your ticket. Click here to see instructions on how to fold your E-ticket.
8. Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian
9. Children between the ages of 14-18 years of age who are not accompanied by a legal guardian must have the emergency contact number for their parent or legal guardian saved under the name ICE on their mobile phones, or it must be written on a small piece of paper which is to be kept inside their wallets so that medical personnel can contact this person in the event of a medical emergency.
- We have set up a Lost and Found centre at the venue, which is located at Entrance U by Turnstile 15. Click here to view the map. Please print this map out and educate your children on how to find this facility in the event that they are separated from their group, parent or legal guardian.
- We have also set up a dedicated call centre number which can be reached on 011 759 7215 should you need to contact the Lost and Found Centre.
- Please make sure that your make your children aware of the dangers of talking to strangers, accepting food or beverages from strangers or getting into any vehicle with strangers. Please advise your children to call 011 759 7215 or go to the Lost and Found centre if they can any concerts about their safety and security.
- Anyone caught drinking underage or giving alcohol to minors will be arrested.
- Don’t forget to bring with you on the day: your tickets, ID (if you intend to consume alcohol), cash (NO ATMs on site) and appropriate clothes for any weather conditions.
- Umbrellas, cameras or recording devices including iPads are NOT permitted.
- Food and beverages will be available for sale inside and outside the stadium. No alcohol may be brought to the stadium and no drinking will be allowed in any areas other than the licensed public bars outside and inside the stadium. Security will confiscate any alcohol in the car parks, and refuse entry into the venue to any persons that are intoxicated.
Complete event information can be found at www.bigconcerts.co.za.
What’s good friends? It’s Monday morning in my part of the world and it’s going to be a mad busy week. Why? Well here’s a little breakdown of what is crackening this week:
1. The 19th annual South African Music Awards (SAMAs) brought to you by MTN. It all goes down in Sun City this coming Friday and Saturday. Friday focuses on the technical, behind the scenes awards. Now this part of the weekend isn’t televised, but it’s fun and an important night too. I will be there and I’ll bring you some pics, news and highlights from that ceremony.
Saturday evening is the big show. Here’s a list of some of the performers expected to take to the stage:
Dr Thomas Chauke
Desmond and the Tutus
Vetkuk & Mahoota
Guest presenters include Menzi Ngubane, Sophie Ndaba, Zolisa Xaluva, Thami Mgqolo, Rapulana Seiphemo and Tsholo Monedi. Who will be the big host? The big winners? Find out on Saturday by checking out the live broadcast on SABC1 or follow my tweets (@JasonVonBerg) for details.
2. If the SAMAs aren’t your vibe then maybe Bon Jovi is. The legendary band will be rocking out at the FNB Stadium in Johannesburg on Saturday evening. Bummed to be missing it, but hey the SAMAs have called and I shall answer
3. Justin Bieber! Arguably the biggest name in entertainment at the moment kicks off his first South African tour this coming Wednesday in Cape Town. This will be massive and already Bieber fever has reached a level that nobody can control. If you’re going to be at the CT gig, let us know what it’s like. Oh and moms and dads, best you be getting your earplugs sorted ahead of the performance… we’d hate for you to be left hard of hearing afterwards. Sunday evening Jozi gets its chance to see the Biebs. I’ll be there, sadly sans the video camera because Bieber’s camp doesn’t allow for that, but I’ll be snapping some pics for the occasion.
4. Mother’s Day. Don’t forget to shower your mums this Sunday. A good breakfast, a lovely brunch, a delicious dinner… Some nice flowers, a few gifts and lots of love and you’re well on your way to being the kid ever!
I say this often, but he really is one of my favourite artists. Who am I speaking about? It’s Loyiso Bala, straight out of Mzansi. He’s such a talented singer, very versatile and in an industry where things are constantly changing and people become irrelevant overnight, this guy has managed to move with the times and still remain popular and respected by fans both locally and abroad. More than that he is genuinely one of the nicest games I’ve met.
So with that I’m excited to share his new track with you. It’s called Time To Dance. In this one LB explores his dancey, uptempo side.
Sick track LB, nice one sir!
Will.i.am follows up his smash hit, Scream and Shout with this one. It’s called That Power. Clever move by Will.i.am to include Justin Bieber on the track. That’s power right there. I’m not in love with the track just yet, but I’m sure it’ll grow on me. Your thoughts?
Great video from rising star, ClassyMenace. It’s called Summer Daze. Lekker tune buddy!
This still amazes me. In just four days, singer Ke$ha’s C’Mon music video has amassed over 9million views already. Incredible. It’s a great video and I’m not sure if I’ve said this before, but her album is really good too. This coming from someone who wasn’t entirely sold by her first offering. I respect what she did, but it wasn’t for me. This album I dig. Check out the video above with the biggest hippy in the game right now
Is it too soon to dub this the year of Destiny’s Child, Beyonce Knowles and Justin Timberlake? I feel like it isn’t, my opinion The news is true. Destiny’s Child are back. Beyoncé Knowles announced to the world yesterday that her, Kelly and Michelle will be releasing a compilation album soon. The album is called Love Songs, which will feature new song “Nuclear.”
Taking to Facebook, Knowles said, “I am so proud to announce the first original Destiny’s Child music in eight years!” Nuclear was produced by NERD frontman, Pharrell Williams and was written by him, James Fauntleroy and Lonny Bereal. The rest of the album will feature songs from the girls and their hits from as early as 1997. Nice.
I must admit when I heard that they were teaming up again, I was a little shocked. They’re so established as solo artists now and I was secretly hoping for a post-baby album from Beyonce, but I’m sure that’ll come. Looking forward to hearing Nuclear and what else they have in store for us this year. Beyoncé will be performing at the Superbowl Halftime show this year, so that will no doubt blow our minds. CAN’T WAIT!
Then… another bombshell. Justin Timberlake is “ready”. The star has been quiet for several years now, musically that is. He’s been exploring the acting world and do well in it I might add, but he’s ready to give us some new music. I am expecting something out of this world… It’s weird. In the last three weeks I’ve been listening to his other albums, Justified and FurtureSex/LoundsSounds and I was wondering when on earth he would release something new. Well this video dropped online yesterday:
“Someone asked me the other day, ‘so are you just done with music?’ It means more to me than anybody else in the world. Look, I’ve only done two albums in ten years. That’s the way I really look at it. What does the next decade mean to me? I’m the one who sits and is obsessive about it even before you get to hear it. As close as I get to it, I don’t know that I could physically torture myself that much year in and year out and expect it to fulfill me the way that is does and the way that it is right now. I don’t want to put anything out that I feel like is something I don’t love. You just don’t get that every day. You have to wait for it. I’m ready.”
He’s ready… so are we. Bring on 2013
If you know me, you’ll know I love me some Nelly Furtado. Always have been a fan and always will be. Her new album didn’t do as well as I’m sure she and the label had hoped. At first I wasn’t sold on the new material, but I’ve grown to love the Spirit Indestructible. There are some great tracks on the album. The only one I don’t like is Parking Lot. It annoys me, but the rest I dig and I can tell that this is an album that she is really passionate about. So if you’re on the fence, grab a copy or a least a few of the singles…
The latest one she’s put out there is the one above. It’s called Waiting For The Night. Love the latin influence and black and white is always so effective. I like!
All the cool kids are going electro. This song should be a hit in SA this December. I like it… I want to Scream and Shout and let it all out. Nice one!