Cape Town had its chance last night and now we prep for Bieber’s big performance in Jozi this coming Sunday (Mother’s Day). If you’re making your way through to the FNB Stadium, here’s all the info you need to know:
All you need to know to make sure you get into the stadium as quick and easy as possible:
1. Make sure you book your transport ticket before show day:
Park and Ride: Click here for more information
Park and Rail: Click here for more information
Parking: Click here for more information
2. If you have a GOLDEN CIRCLE STANDING or GENERAL ADMISSION STANDING ticket then you must enter through GATE M to collect your armband. Please note that there will be two separate queues. One for Golden Circle ticket holders and one for General Standing ticket holders. There is no armband collection inside the venue. If you enter through the wrong gate you will have to go all the way back to GATE M.
3. SEATED ticket holders please enter through GATE C, GATE H and GATE K.
4. If you purchased tickets to the Stadium Management Lounge you must enter through GATE C and proceed to Foyer A.
5. Click here to download the detailed venue map. Please print a copy of the venue map and give it to your children regardless of whether they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. It shows entrance points and the location of the information point.
6. If you bought your tickets online (print at home) please make sure you print out your E-ticket, fold it as indicated on the ticket prior to arriving at the event to avoid creasing and damaging the barcodes, and ensure that you bring your E-ticket with you to the venue as we cannot reprint E-tickets at the venue for safety and security reasons. Your E-ticket needs to be of high print quality to ensure a positive scan at the venue. Please note we cannot scan tickets off any mobile device.
7. For E-tickets purchased from bigconcerts.co.za, please review your printer settings before you print. The document must print to its actual size so that the folding lines print to the edge of the paper. If the document is fit to print to the paper size it will print the barcode too far away from the edge of the paper, and the barcode scanners at the turnstiles will be unable to read your ticket. Click here to see instructions on how to fold your E-ticket.
8. Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian
9. Children between the ages of 14-18 years of age who are not accompanied by a legal guardian must have the emergency contact number for their parent or legal guardian saved under the name ICE on their mobile phones, or it must be written on a small piece of paper which is to be kept inside their wallets so that medical personnel can contact this person in the event of a medical emergency.
- We have set up a Lost and Found centre at the venue, which is located at Entrance U by Turnstile 15. Click here to view the map. Please print this map out and educate your children on how to find this facility in the event that they are separated from their group, parent or legal guardian.
- We have also set up a dedicated call centre number which can be reached on 011 759 7215 should you need to contact the Lost and Found Centre.
- Please make sure that your make your children aware of the dangers of talking to strangers, accepting food or beverages from strangers or getting into any vehicle with strangers. Please advise your children to call 011 759 7215 or go to the Lost and Found centre if they can any concerts about their safety and security.
- Anyone caught drinking underage or giving alcohol to minors will be arrested.
- Don’t forget to bring with you on the day: your tickets, ID (if you intend to consume alcohol), cash (NO ATMs on site) and appropriate clothes for any weather conditions.
- Umbrellas, cameras or recording devices including iPads are NOT permitted.
- Food and beverages will be available for sale inside and outside the stadium. No alcohol may be brought to the stadium and no drinking will be allowed in any areas other than the licensed public bars outside and inside the stadium. Security will confiscate any alcohol in the car parks, and refuse entry into the venue to any persons that are intoxicated.
Complete event information can be found at www.bigconcerts.co.za.
Bieber fever has hit the Mother City. In just a couple of hours teenagers, moms, dads and other Beliebers will get to see arguably the biggest star in the world performing on the continent for the first time. News24 posted this video on YouTube earlier… Bless them Beliebers. If you’re at the stadium or you’re getting ready to go, be sure to let us know what Justin Bieber’s Believe tour is like. Jozi, Sunday… that’s all!
What’s good friends? It’s Monday morning in my part of the world and it’s going to be a mad busy week. Why? Well here’s a little breakdown of what is crackening this week:
1. The 19th annual South African Music Awards (SAMAs) brought to you by MTN. It all goes down in Sun City this coming Friday and Saturday. Friday focuses on the technical, behind the scenes awards. Now this part of the weekend isn’t televised, but it’s fun and an important night too. I will be there and I’ll bring you some pics, news and highlights from that ceremony.
Saturday evening is the big show. Here’s a list of some of the performers expected to take to the stage:
Dr Thomas Chauke
Desmond and the Tutus
Vetkuk & Mahoota
Guest presenters include Menzi Ngubane, Sophie Ndaba, Zolisa Xaluva, Thami Mgqolo, Rapulana Seiphemo and Tsholo Monedi. Who will be the big host? The big winners? Find out on Saturday by checking out the live broadcast on SABC1 or follow my tweets (@JasonVonBerg) for details.
2. If the SAMAs aren’t your vibe then maybe Bon Jovi is. The legendary band will be rocking out at the FNB Stadium in Johannesburg on Saturday evening. Bummed to be missing it, but hey the SAMAs have called and I shall answer
3. Justin Bieber! Arguably the biggest name in entertainment at the moment kicks off his first South African tour this coming Wednesday in Cape Town. This will be massive and already Bieber fever has reached a level that nobody can control. If you’re going to be at the CT gig, let us know what it’s like. Oh and moms and dads, best you be getting your earplugs sorted ahead of the performance… we’d hate for you to be left hard of hearing afterwards. Sunday evening Jozi gets its chance to see the Biebs. I’ll be there, sadly sans the video camera because Bieber’s camp doesn’t allow for that, but I’ll be snapping some pics for the occasion.
4. Mother’s Day. Don’t forget to shower your mums this Sunday. A good breakfast, a lovely brunch, a delicious dinner… Some nice flowers, a few gifts and lots of love and you’re well on your way to being the kid ever!
Will.i.am follows up his smash hit, Scream and Shout with this one. It’s called That Power. Clever move by Will.i.am to include Justin Bieber on the track. That’s power right there. I’m not in love with the track just yet, but I’m sure it’ll grow on me. Your thoughts?
Pop superstar, Justin Bieber has spoken about the tragic incident in which a photographer was killed earlier in the week. It’s believed the paparrazo was trying to take pictures of the teen star in his Ferrari when he was struck by an oncoming car. He was rushed to hospital and later died in hospital.
While I was not present nor directly involved with this tragic accident, my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim. Hopefully this tragedy will finally inspire meaningful legislation and whatever other necessary steps to protect the lives and safety of celebrities, police officers, innocent public bystanders, and the photographers themselves.
The sad thing about this is that Bieber wasn’t even there. There must come a time where the laws will change and the paps wont be allowed to snap them celebs, especially when they’re driving. Sad news, RIP to the deceased and my condolences go out to his family.
Belieb it because it’s true… It has officially (finally) been announced that Justin Bieber will be heading to South Africa is May 2013. Cape Town and Jozi get ready because Bieber will be rocking out in your cities on the 8th and the 12th of May respectively. They’re both stadium tours, so moms and dads, if you’re taking your daughters… best you go and purchase your earplugs now because it’s going to get LOUD in there.
Tickets go on sale on the 10th in Jozi and the 11th in Cape Town, just in time for Christmas. Clever Big Concerts, clever… Let’s hope Computicket can handle the load. I expect this to be one of the fastest selling shows in history.
Side bar, Gaga was the first female artist to perform at Soccer City this past weekend. Bieber will now become the youngest… History being made again. I really am looking for ward to seeing him performing. I think it’ll be a great show! Official press release below:
The annual American Music Awards wrapped up a few hours ago. I caught the last bit of the show with Psy’s awesome Gangnam Style performance. I also saw Stevie Wonder’s tribute to the late Dick Clark. Nice to see the beautiful Carrie Underwood walking away with yet another award. Did anyone else watch the show? If so, who did you enjoy seeing perform?
Check out the full list of winners below:
Artist of the Year: Justin Bieber
Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist: Justin Bieber
Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist: Katy Perry
Favorite Pop/Rock Band/Duo/Group: Maroon 5
Favorite Pop/Rock Album: Believe, Justin Bieber
Favorite Country Female Artist: Taylor Swift
Favorite Country Male Artist: Luke Bryan
Favorite Country Band/Duo/Group: Lady Antebellum
Favorite Country Album: Blown Away, Carrie Underwood
Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist: Nicki Minaj
Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Album: Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, Nicki Minaj
Favorite Alternative Rock Music Artist: Linkin Park
Favorite Electronic Dance Music Artist: David Guetta
Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist: Usher
Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist: Beyoncé
Favorite Soul/R&B Album: Talk That Talk, Rihanna
Favorite Adult Contemporary Artist: Adele
Favorite Latin Artist: Shakira
Favorite Adult Contemporary Inspirational Artist: tobyMac
New Artist of the Year: Carly Rae Jepsen
Check out the list of winners from this year’s MTV EMAs. I wasn’t able to watch the show because my DStv signal bombed at around 16:20 (first world problems).
So if any of you watched the show, hollerback with highlights etc.
BEST FEMALE – Taylor Swift
BEST SONG – Carly Rae Jepsen – “Call Me Maybe”
BEST MALE – Justin Bieber
BEST LIVE – Taylor Swift
BEST LOOK – Taylor Swift
GLOBAL ICON – Whitney Houston
BEST VIDEO – PSY – “Gangnam Style”
BIGGEST FANS – One Direction
BEST WORLD STAGE – Justin Bieber
BEST PUSH – Carly Rae Jepsen
BEST ALTERNATIVE – Lana Del Rey
BEST ELECTRONIC – David Guetta
BEST HIP HOP – Nicki Minaj
BEST NEW- One Direction
BEST POP – Justin Bieber
BEST ROCK- Linkin Park
The 40th anniversary of the American Music Awards will be celebrated in true style this year – that if the list of nominees for this year is anything to go by. Nicki Minaj and Rihanna lead the pack with four nominations each. Other big nominees include Justin Bieber, Maroon 5, One Direction and Katy Perry.
Already confirmed to perform at the awards is Ms. Christina Aguilera, who no doubt will be bumping off a few guys… if her latest video, Your Body is anything to go by More performers will be added to the list in the build up to the awards on the 18th of November.
Check out the list of nominees below:
2012 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS NOMINEES:
ARTIST OF THE YEAR
- Justin Bieber
- Maroon 5
- Katy Perry
NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR
- J. Cole
- Carly Rae Jepsen
- One Direction
FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – POP/ROCK
- Justin Bieber
- Flo Rida
FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – POP/ROCK
- Kelly Clarkson
- Nicki Minaj
- Katy Perry
FAVORITE BAND, DUO OR GROUP – POP/ROCK
- Maroon 5
- One Direction
- The Wanted
FAVORITE ALBUM – POP/ROCK
- Justin Bieber /Believe
- Maroon 5/Overexposed
- Nicki Minaj/Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded
- One Direction/Up All Night
FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – COUNTRY
- Jason Aldean
- Luke Bryan
- Eric Church
FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – COUNTRY
- Miranda Lambert
- Taylor Swift
- Carrie Underwood
FAVORITE BAND, DUO or GROUP – COUNTRY
- Zac Brown Band
- Lady Antebellum
- Rascal Flatts
FAVORITE ALBUM – COUNTRY
- Luke Bryan/Tailgates & Tanlines
- Lionel Richie/Tuskegee
- Carrie Underwood/Blown Away
FAVORITE ARTIST – RAP/HIP-HOP
- Nicki Minaj
FAVORITE ALBUM – RAP/HIP-HOP
- J. Cole/Cole World: The Sideline Story
- Drake/Take Care
- Nicki Minaj/Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded
FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – SOUL/R&B
- Chris Brown
- Trey Songz
FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – SOUL/R&B
- Mary J. Blige
FAVORITE ALBUM – SOUL/R&B
- Chris Brown/Fortune
- Rihanna/Talk That Talk
- Usher/Looking 4 Myself
FAVORITE ARTIST – ALTERNATIVE ROCK
- The Black Keys
- Linkin Park
FAVORITE ARTIST – ADULT CONTEMPORARY
- Kelly Clarkson
FAVORITE ARTIST – LATIN
- Don Omar
FAVORITE ARTIST – CONTEMPORARY INSPIRATIONAL
- Jeremy Camp
FAVORITE ARTIST – ELECTRONIC DANCE MUSIC (EDM)
- David Guetta
- Calvin Harris