The lovely Louise Carver will officially kick off her 2012 at Tanz Café, Fourways on the 3rd Feb. She’ll be performing songs from her long and illustrious career, as well the smash hit Days Gone By, which she worked on with dance duo Pascal and Pearce. I know she’s been hard at work on her new album, which I can’t wait to hear so who knows maybe she’ll throw some of those in there too.
3 Feb 2012
Tanz Cafe, Fourways
Bookings: 011 658 0277
Tickets are R100.
Catherine Grenfell of 5FM plays an big role in promoting South African music. She hosts a weekly show called (Live)5 in which she invites some of SA’s shining stars to perform live on the show for an hour. After that the party gets going with live DJ set from upcoming and /or established DJs in the industry. It also features some of the biggest names; internationally, too. I caught up with Cath recently to find out more about the first, double-disc album aptly named (Live)5
Give us a short description of the album. Some of the best talent in SA (along with 4 international acts) performing live on 5fm for (Live)5.
2. Name a few of your highlights, favourites from the album.
Jozi & JR were awesome, they brought dancers and had a party. Prime Circle & The Parlies are always amazing. Harris Tweed filmed their live dvd when they performed. Sugardrive performing together for the 1st time in 9 years. Wow – too many to mention. All of them.
3. The majority of the tracks on the album are by local artists. This is great news for our shining stars. What is your take on the SA music scene?
I think the music scene in SA is really growing and is truly on the same level as international stuff.
4. You’ve had many local and international artists in studio with you. Share one of the craziest moments you’ve experienced with one or a few of them.
Seether’s guitars didn’t arrive for their performance and we had to run around the sabc looking for anyone with a guitar. Locnville’s performance with masses of screaming young girls
5. Remove yourself from the creative production process of making this album. If you were at a music store, why would YOU buy this album?
Seeing the diversity in the artists on the album, and it being a first for SA – live SA compilation. (And it is just so cool)
1. Prime Circle – Consider Me
2. Seether – Fine Again
3. Locnville – Sun in My Pocket
4. Zebra & Giraffe – Arm Yourself
5. OK Go – Here it Goes Again
6. Joss Stone – Super Duper Love (Are You Diggin’ On Me?)
7. Loyiso ft Obita – I Want You
8. Harris Tweed – The Taxi Song
9. Evolver – Go All The Way
10. HHP – Let Me Be (Walk on By)
11. JR – Show Dem
12. Flash Republic – Emergency
13. Farryl Purkiss – A Million Grains of Sand
14. City Bowl Misers – Uh Huh
15. Taxi Violence – Untie Yourself
16. Stealing Love Jones – Out There
17. Sugardrive – Ten Feet High
18. Fire Through The Window – Just Like You Are
1. The Parlotones – Giant Mistake
2. Staind – Everything Changes
3. Goldfish – This is How it Goes
4. Louise Carver – Home
5. The Ataris – Boys of Summer
6. Crash Car Burn – Heroes
7. Heroes Wear Red – Beautiful Way
8. Springbok Nude Girls – Wolfmen (Live at the Astoria)
9. Jozi – What’s With The Attitude
10. Gang of Instrumentals – Woza December
11. Koldproduk – You You & You
12. Bang Bang – Two Way
13. Jamali – Knowing Me Knowing You
14. Tasha Baxter – Fade to Black
15. The One Night Stands – Seconds
16. Josie Field – Every Now & Then
17. Voodoo Child – Megalomanic Attack
18. Flat Stanley – Sunset Ribbon Red
19. Jacques – Get Right
Yet another brilliant song straight out of South Africa. It’s Loyiso featuring Obita and Jamali. The title? Golden Noir. Awesome song, video production is tight and it’s just fantastic to see the growth of some of our local stars. This year is going to be massive for SA music I feel. Check it out, we’ve got new albums from LB, Louise Carver, Arno Carstens and Danny K coming out. Locnville, JR, HHP and Liquideep are all doing amazing things so early on in the year! Local flavas, bound to make some waves internationally. Shine SA music! Shine!
If you have no plans and you’re looking for something to do in Jozi then check this out. South African stars Louise Carver and Prime Circle are teaming up and performing at the Nelson Mandela Square. The guys from Prime Circle are enjoying the limelight at the moment, showcasing their new album ‘All or Nothing’ to audiences and a song you can definitely expect to hear is ‘She Always Gets What She Wants’… I dedicate that to all the ladies out there
Louise Carver’s 2008 offering, ‘Saved By The Moonlight’ has also scored her a string of hits and this year the lovely Lou will be releasing a Live Album, recorded from her ‘Home’ tour last year. I’ll definitely find out more on this one and keep you posted. So go and check these two out tonight. It’s gonna be wicked, it’s free at it starts at 9pm.
Songbird Louise Carver is embarking on a summer tour of South Africa this weekend. The local star has teamed up with insurance company 1st For Women. She’ll be playing songs from her 2007 ‘Saved by the Moonlight’ album, which has scored her numerous number ones including ‘Home’ and ‘Didn’t Mean To Call’, amongst others. Continue reading